Saturday, April 25, 2009

RELAX BAR, Hollywood



FRIDAY, APRIL 24, 2009

It was quite a long day for me. Meeting after meeting and lots of preparing for tonight's show. We found out yesterday evening at rehearsal that our lead guitarist, SEEDY SPITZ was not going to make tonight's show so we had to gather songs we could play as a 4-piece, which wasn't hard but was a pain in the ass!


Anyway, XPLOSTEVO came by the 6122 office to pick my ass up and we headed to Hollywood. We found "free" parking up the street from the club so we were happy. We were met by my brother LEO and his lovely wife, ANNE where we greeted each other and made some plans to get very lit tonight! HAHAHA...


As we entered the club, I was met by my old friend and former FLIPSIDE writer/reviewer and current RAZORCAKE reviewer, DON OF THE DEAD with his camera in hand. He told me that he's been writing for PROFANE and that he'd reviewed us for their upcoming issues so I was pretty stoked on that. I went outside to the patio to let XL and DON in so they could set up their gear and relax but as I was doing so I ran into my old high school buddy and THE CORRUPTORS bassist, REF SANCHEZ. We talk for a brief moment and he let me know that a band had cancelled and that we could take their spot, which was way earlier than the spot we were given.


We took the stage at 10:30pm to a pretty packed room. The entire crowd was mostly members of TURBOJUGEND LOS ANGELES so I felt at home with hardcore fans of one of my favorite bands. I spoke with BIG HUREO, one of their members and we joked around a bit before I hit the stage (or lack thereof). We played for about 30 minutes hitting on our more hardcore songs and some newer melodic ones. The crowd reaction was very positive and they cheered the entire time. We had lots of fun up there and the crowd could tell.



Stealing a photo op from XL once again



After we finished our set we hung outside with some people who hadn't come out to see us in years, which was nice to hear. A lot of older fans were really excited to see us and we made a few new ones. I spoke with a recent D.C. transplant who really enjoyed us. LISA HOUSTON and I got along famously as we spoke about music and Budweiser. It's very cool when you meet a female who ONLY drinks the good stuff!! HAHAHAHA...





Out in the crowd posing for a picture with our newest supporter, Lisa



We all went back in to support our friend's from the north, THE CORRUPTORS. The opened with a QUIET RIOT into and then went into their set. I hadn't had the chance to see them live before so I was quite excited to witness the sound of Northern Punk Rock 'n Roll and I was not disappointed! REF and the boys blew through their set and thoroughly enticed the crowd leaving all if us wanting more! I was really jazzed since we're playing with them again tonight.

A little after midnight XPLO was ready to hit the road and make the trek back home so we did after a few fond farewells.
The night was a complete success as I was expecting a disastrous evening so I was quite surprised and very happy at the end of the night. I even got my fill of free beer, which is always the icing on the drunken cake!!!

I'd like to apologize to FITZ OF DEPRESSION for not sticking around to see them but Friday night's are always tiring evenings to party all night especially when you have a big show the next night. So my apologies to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment