Sunday, April 5, 2009

We will not be shamed... (Carbomb Video Shoot)


SATURDAY, APRIL 4, 2009

For two weeks we've been preparing ourselves to film a video for our LAZLO FOR LIFE CD's single, "Carbomb". XL and I had come up with a concept that we wanted to do. A parody of a popular video done back in the late-80's. Producer/Director DAVE WALD got on board a few weeks ago and loved the idea so we started emailing our ideas back and forth and decided that Saturday, April 4th would be the date to commence filming.





Dave Wald and crew member Jason setting up a shot.



I had my business partner/graphic art designer, SAL COCHINO design our set pieces needed to make this video a truly sick and funny piece of cinema art. Sal did not let me down. His pieces were exactly what I had visioned!! I even had my good friend, illustrator/artist, NOUAR help out with painting the face on Jack's head and she did a fantastic job!


Crew member, Randy acting as Jack for a scene.


Around noon Dave and his crew (Randy, Jason and Jayce, who we started calling Chachi by the end of the shoot) arrived on set at FUTURE FLIX STUDIO in Chatsworth to set up lights and rigs and whatnot. BOB PETERSON (formerly of; BLOUNT and HOLLYWOOD HATE) arrived to be a main character as did our friends; MARTIN TRAMMEL, RYAN KINDER, and EDGAR MORLET. RONDA HARDIN came in as a last minute favor to do make up and hair for me and the cast members and actually ended up playing a character herself when one of our original cast members didn't show up.
Edgar (Burger King), Ryan (Wendy), Martin (Colnel Sanders), Bob (Ronald), Ronda (Jack).

At 1pm we began shooting. XPLO was up first to do his scenes and then XL went in and did his. I did a couple of "passes" of my scenes and then it was time to get the cast into costume and film their scenes. I have to say, Ronda did a phenomenal job with make-up because everyone on set was in awe of each other's make-up and costumes. Everyone looked exactly as the characters we'd wanted in this video! It was, for lack of a better term, awesome!




XploStevo is doing a SWEET job rockin' for the camera.




XL trying to be the rockin' DUDE he wants to be!



Dave Wald giving Gizz and XL some direction before a scene.




There was a lot of scenes filmed but I think my favorite is a fight scene that Randy and Dave choreography for us and it came out great. When 6pm came and it was a wrap for the cast members as they left one by one. We continued to film other scenes with Ryan, Edgar and myself until around 9pm. We took a dinner break to Denny's where the crew along with Edgar and myself ate and discussed music and the remaining scenes to be shot.



Martin as Cholo Sanders.

At 10:30pm it was back to work on my final shots, which took longer than expected because we were trying to get the perfect angles and lighting. Dave and his crew did a great job of setting up the lights, getting the camera in position and all the other tasks that were asked of them.

After 13 hours of filming we'd finally wrapped production and headed into the studio's office to watch some of the footage. I can't believe how good the shots came out. I'm really excited to see the final edited version in a few days!

SWEET DUDES: Xplo and XL after their scene's were done.

We will be having a Video Release Party as soon as we get the video back so stay tuned for all the info. It's going to be fun!!


Thanks to Dave for setting everything up and the cast and crew that took time out of their Saturday family/drinking time to spend mucking about for the camera with DLP! All of you guys definitely rule!!!!

Martin, Ronda, Bob and Ryan in the studio parking lot taking a break before shooting.

Ronda getting my hair done for the video while I cool off and do my beard.

1 comment:

  1. THAT WAS THE DAY! I had these visions of myself as a makeup artist and was filled with this wonderful warm feeling all over. I thought to myself "I could totally do this".
    I went home still filled with the excitement and immediately searched for a school that would help me turn these visions into reality. I found a teacher who is an absolute inspiration and a school where I can obtain the skills relevant and necessary to meet the fashion and media industries needs. I am now working hands on with models and studying very hard. I have the business skills and confidence required to ensure success in my new business venture. Now all I need is more people to trust me with their faces and bodies as my canvas. To allow me to apply my love of art and my new skills to work.

    ReplyDelete