Monday, March 23, 2009

FOR SALE


MONDAY, MARCH 23, 2009

Our original guitarist, Luis E. contacted me today to let me know that a label in Japan is interested in releasing the complete Discography of FOR SALE on CD. For Sale was the band that began when Dead Lazlo's Place took a hiatus in 1992-1993 when I was diagnosed with cancer. For Sale was the first band that I sang lead vocals for and was an outlet for lyrics I'd written about how I was dealing with my disease.

Anyway, three of the four original DLP members started For Sale and we released two 7" vinyl records one of which was a split 7" with DLP. Both records are out of print now. We did record 8 songs that we were going to release on CD but that never came to be. We also recorded several demos before entering the studio so I believe we'll include everything we recorded on this release.

For Sale "Discography 92-93" CD cover artwork


When I went into remission in 1993 I joined BADTOWN BOYS and began touring and recording with them exclusively, which meant the demise of For Sale. Luis went on to play for BUFORD, Rich Piedra went on to play drums for SOMETHING FROM NOTHING and XploStevo and Jeff Yearsley (For Sale's guitarist) started a band with XL, the only member of DLP not to be in For Sale. XL and Jeff Edwards had already quit GLUE GUN so all four of these guys started a band called MAN BITES DOG.

In 1994 XploStevo asked me to visit one their rehearsals just to come out and party. I had so much fun listening to some tunes that we'd written together before DLP went on hiatus so I picked up the mic and started singing. Within that first song we all knew we had something and thus I became the singer for Man Bites Dog, which became Dead Lazlo's Place again on New Year's Eve 1994-1995 because we were given a cease and desist order to not play under that name any longer.




FOR SALE was:

Gizz Lazlo - vocals

Luis E. - guitar

Steve Simpronio - bass

Jeff Yearsley - guitar

Rich Piedra - drums






1 comment:

  1. Hey, this is really random, I just found this site and this post and was wondering if you ever released the For Sale CD. I have had the Bargain 7" for years and have always loved it--didn't know For Sale recorded anything else. If anyone still checks this site, I'd love to get a copy of that CD.

    ReplyDelete