Sunday, March 22, 2009

THE WAREHOUSE, Santa Ana


SATURDAY, MARCH 21, 2009
I woke up today at 2pm with a bit of a headache. Maybe from all the screaming and singing last night! I got up and got ready for today show.

XL picked me up around 3:30pm and we headed to The Warehouse in Orange County. We haven't played in OC for a while now so we were both really excited to actually play for a crowd we rarely play for. As we got to the venue we were told the event was already chaotic as some bands had backout last minute. Their lost became our gain as we were bumped to the Main Stage where we originally were set to play. Our set time was right on time. 5:30pm start time but we were told we could play a longer set if we wanted. We didn't want to overstay our welcome so we played all the songs we prepared to play for the show.

Seedy joined us on stage and we really brought it once again! I was a little worried before we played since everyone in the band seemed to enjoy themselves last night and was a bit tired today but that wasn't the case. I can't remember who played before us but they were a little rusty. We set up on the Main Stage as a younger band took on the second stage. When our set time arrived we barrelled into our set nonstop play 11 songs in about 3o minutes.

After our set XL and I spoke about how weird it was that the kids slammed for UP AGAINST IT and I'LL THROW YOU AWAY, two of our more poppier songs. I swear, I'll never get it! We played a bunch of our harder songs but the crowd just stood there and watched while the oldsters yelled and hollered for more! It was another great set and the crowd's response really let us know.

While I was out and about talking the legions of punk rock kids asking for free stuff, I gave away a few CD's. A couple of adoring female fans were so grateful that they bought me a slice of pizza as payback for the CD. I thought that was the coolest thing and so did the rest of the guys!

The boys and I stuck around for Circle One's set, which immediately after ours. We celebrated at our mock-merch booth with a few drinks while talking to whoever came up to us. There was a few older guys there who'd seen us many years ago and were surprised we were still together and that we'd never actually broken-up. All in all, it was a great evening and we thank July for getting us on the bill and hooking us up! We truly enjoyed ourselves!!

XL and I left soon after Mad Parade's set was over, which was around 9pm OC time.

Dead Lazlo's Place LIVE at The Warehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment