Friday, July 10, 2009

FLASHROCK OF JULY, North Hollywood

SATURDAY JULY 4, 2009
(SECOND SHOW OF THE DAY)


After we left Verdugo Don and I stopped by the studio to drop off the gear we didn't need for this show. We iced the beers and headed to FlashRock's outdoor stage.


We arrived around 7pm to a pretty small crowd but people started arriving little by little as nightfall came. As soon as we got there I bumped into my old friends ANGEL CITY OUTCASTS as they were by the bar drinkin' up a storm so I decided to join them.


XL Nessin' it up like a FlashRocker

As the crowd got thicker I stayed around the bar talking to a bunch of old friends and fans who came out to support us. In the crowd was MOJO RIB's new bassist, Kurt. Mojo Rib is Don's other band so it was nice to see his other bandmates there to support us but especially Don.


The "dirtiest" drummer at FlashRock


Around 8pm Angel City Outcasts took the stage as a 4-piece. This is the first time I've seen them with their new line-up, which at first seemed kind of sad. I miss Alex (former bassist who is now playing with OLD MAN MARKLEY) and Ryan (drummer who is also in OMM). But I do have to say that the new guys rocked it! It was good seeing them again. This is the first time I've seen them since we played with them a few years ago at the Blue Cafe in HB. I remember the night as a bummer evening because we lost our friend Larry Trammell that evening.


One word... XploStevo (I didn't say it was an easy word...)

Also there was my old friend Nikki who brought a few friends with her including the very pretty Tuesday O., a tattoo artist from Ventura. Her and I talked for a while watching ACO and then I had to excuse myself to prepare for our show. You know, makeup and whatnot take some time to put on.

Gizz Lazlo singing to an artist (Tattooist, Tuesday O.)


We took the stage a little after 9pm to a packed crowd who were really enjoying themselves by this point in the evening. I was already kinda buzzed so I didn't care what was going on behind me. I just went up and enjoyed myself but from what I was told Todd's second show was a little bit difficult but who can blame him? He only had two rehearsals with us and did a show earlier in the day.

Todd "No Nickname Yet" Guzman looking like he's on it!

All in all, it was a great day. As soon as our set was finished we hung around talking to some new-found fans and our good friend JOEY RIMICCI (Kill Detail, Jughead's Revenge and more...) We discussed where to get some dinner but instead we left the place for home around 11pm since for me it was beddy-bye time!


Joey, XL and Xplo actin' like toughguys

Thanks to everyone who came out to both shows! You guys rock!!!!

all photos by: KRISTEN BEHRENDT

No comments:

Post a Comment