Friday, July 10, 2009

LAZLO SOUNDS, North Hollywood


TUESDAY JUNE 30, 2009

The day finally came when we said goodbye to CHRIS "SEEDY SPITZ" DEL RIO and hello to our old friend and newest member, guitarist TODD GUZMAN. Todd has been a friend of mine since 1986, my freshman year in high school. I met Todd the first day of school in our basic math class and we hung out for the remainder of the school year in auto-shop. Maybe this is why I can't count to 21 unless I'm naked...

Anyway, Todd recorded my first serious band's (C.R.O.S.S.) first record in the summer of 1986 and we've remained close friends throughout the years. In 2002, Todd joined DEAD LAZLO'S PLACE as a replacement bassist for the "...on the side" recording sessions playing on a couple of tracks although he never did perform with us live.


Todd was also the guitarist for the 2004-2006 line-up of THE ELECTRIC FERRETS, which featured DEAD LAZLO'S PLACE / BADTOWN BOYS guitarist IKE ROBISON and myself (on drums). Todd was a member of the band, 52 who were on my label's 2003 compilation "ALLIED PUNKS INVADE: Volumes 1 & 2" double CD. A little know fact about Todd is that he was a background extra during classroom scenes shot at Verdugo Hills High School for the 1986 feature film RIVER'S EDGE starring Crispin Glover, Keanu Reeves and Dennis Hopper. This was the first major motion picture to have Slayer on the soundtrack, I believe.

Poster for River's Edge

No comments:

Post a Comment