Monday, November 9, 2009

PUKA BAR, Long Beach

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2009

I headed down to Long Beach with Xplo and Kristi with some beers in hand. We got to the venue early so we could catch Xplo's friends CHAINDRIVEN's set since we put them on this show.

We hung out for about an hour before any of the other boys showed up. I hung out and smoked cigarettes with tonight's promoter, TONY LEPRE of ALL YOU CAN EAT MUSIC. So far every show we've played for Tony has been fun so we were expecting the same here in the LBC... not so much.

As soon as CHAINDRIVEN finished playing their metal-inspired set they left WITH their crowd back to the Santa Clartia valley, which was kind of a fucked thing to do in my book.

Next up was CLOSE TO BROKE who we played with last month in Vegas and they sucked just as much tonight as they did that night. They were very arrogant and left when we started setting up. This is why I'm tired of supporting bands I don't know nowadays.

So now it was time for us to go up there and do our thing. Tonight's show is once again being recorded by our friend Steve of CHROME OXIDE RECORDERS. This evening's performance included a lot of newer songs we're recording so we need to rehearse them and we want to let our fans and friends hear our new stuff. In the crowd tonight was some old-school friends/fans like; Willy Gump and Mikey Beer Thief who got me pretty tanked with his friends.
After our set COMPREHEND went up but by this time I was drinkin' mode and a'drinkin' is what I did!! We hung out a while after the show to drink with our old friends and some new ones also. Kristi drove us home so I stayed awake the whole drive home talking with her as Xplo slept like baby. A great night for us is all that matters!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment