Tuesday, November 3, 2009

VIPER ROOM, Hollywood

MONDAY AUGUST 3, 2009

A Monday night in Hollywood began with a day full of sleeping off the Vegas weekend. We got back yesterday morning but I'm still feeling the effects of those two shows. I woke up at the crack of noon and began getting ready for tonight's show. My friend Scotty showed up around 8pm and drove me to the Sunset Strip for our show with some really cool bands... or so I thought.

I showed up around 9pm and the first band hadn't even hit the stage yet. All the boys were there so I just dropped off my gear and started my 12-ounce curls in preparation for our show. Tonight's promoter, Eddie Solis (Club My War / IT'S CASUAL) bought me a couple of beers and I indulged immensely.


Gizz Lazlo wooing the crowd


The first band called BUFFALO EYE went up but I didn't get to see them as I was outside hangin' out with a lot of old friends including some of the guys from SOUL TRASH, KRASH KARMA and CAST OF KINGS. Then CHINGALERA went up and did their thing, which I didn't even bother watching since there was a lot of Hollywood attitude around the joint.



XploStevo bassin' it up


Next up was Eddie's band calling themselves DALE DIXON ARMY, which is really IT'S CASUAL playing under another name as not to piss off other local promoters since they were already playing another show later in the week. As usual they did their thing as only they do and I really liked them but not as much as I enjoyed them at the RAZORCAKE benefit a few months ago. Maybe it was because of everything going on outside.


The Gooz rockin' the Vipe


We were scheduled to hit the stage next but "rock star" slash skater TONY ALVA's band GFP cried that they wanted to go up before their set time and Eddie let them, which really pissed me off since as soon as their band finshed playing their funkified-ska-rock shite their crowd left. Fuck them!!!


XL rockin' it large


We finally got up right before midnight to a nice crowd and did our thing for our allowed time plus a few minutes since I was pissed! The crowd really seemed to like us and we did make a few new fans so that was cool. I think we're over playing the Strip for a while. I don't see the big deal. High bar prices, parking and attitude isn't worth all this trouble especially for a Monday night.


Gizz and MLB hangin' at the bar

My drunken ass got a ride home from DAVE "Soul Trash" DIAMOND and their drummer, NED GREY. Thanks to Michelle Baker for her undying support!!! You rock!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment